Washington Nationals Game Day - Washington D.C. 20003




Lifehouse
Lifehouse at National Park
With each passing day cold and gray, I reflect on happier times this past summer.   One great memory was my visit to the Washington Nationals baseball game at the National Park in downtown D.C.  Compared to my last game at Wrigley Field, this was much more fun!  Wrigley really needs to upgrade to a giant screen.  It is SO much better; especially considering I do not always follow the game.  Instead, I am there for the fun, food, and atmosphere.  The best part was the Washington Nationals Presidents Race.  During the fourth inning, giant caricature foam heads depicting our former Presidents (found on Mount Rushmore) race around the edge of the field.  Everyone cheered for Teddy, and according to Wikipedia, Teddy has yet to win a single race.  However, the entire crowd kept cheering and hoping anyway.  It was a real hit for the crowd.  See the 2011 Season Presidents Race standings here.  I also was able to experience my first crowd “wave”.  It went round and round the stadium three or four times before the fun ended, and the game started up once again. 

Once the game was over, we had a free concert featuring the band,
Lifehouse.  This was my initial draw to the game, but I was a bit disappointed.  There is a reason bands do not perform in baseball stadiums.  The acoustics are terrible!  However, it was still fun to see the band up close and personal. 

Critic’s Note: For great seats next to the field, check out Stubhub.com.  They are the best!
 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment