El Pueblito: Great Food, Terrible Service – Port Orchard, WA 98366

Tonight, we tried a new restaurant, El Pueblito in Port Orchard, WA.  At first I was a bit hesitant to try a new place because I had my fancy desire to eat at our usual Mexican restaurant, but our usual spot was booked solid.  Upon entering we were greeted warmly by the host and seated immediately in a great spot with a booth.  The entire restaurant was extremely clean, appropriate lighting, and bright warm coloring.  I was even enjoying the menu, which described the family’s first restaurant in Mexico in 1985.  The restaurant was family owned and authentic, which piqued my interest.  Authentic Mexican food is always the best.  We waited for a bit for our chips and salsa, but he also brought waters, which was a plus.  Then we ordered.  The menu was very grand, and looked delicious.  It came complete with large colorful pictures of several menu items, which is always a plus.  My husband ordered the Carne Asada Macho Burrito (Large Steak Burrito), and I ordered the Enchiladas Rojas with chicken.  Then we dug in to our chips and salsa.  The salsa was awesome!  It’s the best salsa we’ve had in all of our tastings.  In fact after one helping, I was gulping down my margarita and my husband was finished with his Corona.  Then we asked for a slightly warmer salsa because we had heard that they had several choices.  At this point, we were munching away happily on our chips and salsa (second helping).  Believe me, it is unusual for us to order a second helping, but it was too good.  Then we noticed something.  The couple behind us had walked in twenty minutes after us, and they were being served their food already.  We sat there dumbfounded.  Then I kept my eye on the kitchen and watched my waiter walk to and fro amongst the other guests.  The entire restaurant is divided in such a way that forgetting our table would probably be an issue, but who was I to tell the restaurant how to assemble?  It’s not.  I’m the guest.  By now it’s close to thirty-five minutes later and we still have not been served.  With five minutes to spare until we would have walked out, we were finally served; one large chicken burrito and beef enchiladas.  Go figure.  They mixed up our order all wrong.   At this point, I was disappointed because as many of my readers know, I dislike giving a negative review.  However, I continued to eat because it was not worth sending the food back.  We had waited too long, and we were both starving.  Then the waiter forgot to bring our sour cream on the side; twice.  What seemed like an entire great buttering up during appetizers came down to a huge disappointment for dinner.  Overall, I give their food an A+, but their service an F.  Better luck next time, I suppose (if there will be a next time).  Probably not.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment