Spectacular Bridge Views in Jacksonville, Florida


Last weekend before Hurricane Irene, we visited Jacksonville, Florida, and I was able to see my favorite bridge in Jacksonville, the Dames Point Bridge.  It is considered by many to be Jacksonville’s most spectacular bridge.  After living in Jacksonville for some time, I nicknamed the bridge, the “bow tie” bridge due to the huge bow tie shaped bridge supports.  This bridge is two miles long and almost two hundred feet above the river (Strong, 1997). 

Since bridges are one of my favorite parts of traveling, I also took video of this beautiful “bow tie” bridge.  Enjoy!





Strong, M. (1997). Dames point bridge. Retrieved September 3, 2011, from http://www.mikestrong.com/dames/

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment