Amy's On the Bay: Elegant Dining & Delicious Seafood - Port Orchard, WA 98366


Lemon Drop Cocktail
 


Grandpa Casey's Seafood Feast
The view from our table.
The windows lift up in the summer to let in the breeze.

The other night my husband and I were in the mood for trying a new restaurant.  I had previously noticed television commercials for Amy’s On the Bay, and after viewing their menu online, we decided to check it out.  As we wound our way through the streets of downtown Port Orchard, we realized that we had passed this restaurant many times without noticing.  The restaurant is tucked away behind other buildings along the main street in order to provide a beautiful view along the Puget Sound.  After turning into the parking lot, I could definitely agree that Amy’s has the best view of the bay from downtown Port Orchard. 

Upon entering, we immediately took in the wonderful scent of fresh food being cooked in the kitchen as the hostess politely asked, “Would you like a table with a view tonight?”  Absolutely!  After being seated, I immediately noticed a delightful drink menu and decided upon the Lemon Drop cocktail.  A few moments later, I was sipping on my drink and taking in the beautiful bay views.  Amy’s view is quite breathtaking.  Our salads arrived soon thereafter, and I was quite pleased with the presentation.  Even the carrots were expertly sliced in curly waves floating atop the salad greens. 

After studying the menu, I noticed a grand array of different types of fish entrees, which piqued my interest.  My husband ordered Grandpa Casey’s Seafood Feast, and I decided upon the two-piece Alaskan Cod Seafood Basket.  The fish arrived in a mouthwatering display of fresh and hot seafood.  Our favorite!  The server politely explained each of the types of fish, and then left us alone to eat to our heart’s content.  The fish was fabulous.  We are happy to announce we have found our new favorite seafood restaurant on the west side of Puget Sound, Amy’s On the Bay.  According to my husband, the jumbo prawns were some of the best he has ever had.  I was also impressed by the selection of sauce samplers that were brought complimentary to our table during our meal. 

Overall, the restaurant was extremely clean with fresh modern décor, and the staff was polite and friendly.   I left Amy’s with a grin on my face, a full tummy, and a thankful heart that we finally found the seafood restaurant we had been missing. 

Critic’s Note: Look out for summer.  Amy’s has outdoor seating.  Get there early once the weather warms up because the great seats won’t last for long! 



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment