Alexandria Proudly Presented John Pizzarelli! - 22314 (Virginia)

Recently, I attended a John Pizzarelli concert at the Carlyle Club in Alexandria, Virginia. If you’ve never heard of the Carlyle Club, no worries. It’s pretty small, but definitely worth the energy to find. The stage is set towards the back of the club with around twenty-five small round tables for two spread around the stage. The only downside to the ticket experience is that you are required to buy dinner reservation tickets in order to obtain the best seats. However, if you’re looking for a fantastic dinner experience with the best seats money can buy for a jazz concert, then the Carlyle Club is the place to be. I was literally ten feet away from John Pizzarelli and his jazz trio band. It was amazing! For the best seats, select the tables to the left and directly in front of the stage.

John Pizzarelli’s performance was unlike any other concert I have ever attended. He stood ten feet away crooning and strumming his guitar as though it was the next best thing to heaven, and believe me, the experience was heavenly. Mr. Pizzarelli’s buttery voice combined with the strumming bass player behind him, the gentle tapping on the baby grand piano, and the swish swosh of the drummer seated behind would make anyone stare in amazement. Mr. Pizzarelli and his band are the finest musicians I have ever seen, and I was lucky to have chosen the seats closest to the stage. Thank goodness for my husband finding the concert online.

The dining experience at the Carlyle Club was all right. I have experienced better in regards to food and service, but it was still pleasant. My filet mignon was slightly overcooked even though I had suggested medium well, and my potatoes were only slightly warm. However, my husband’s porterhouse steak was cooked to perfection at medium rare per his request, and thus, he was extremely happy. The drinks were a bit pricey at over ten dollars per cocktail, but the concert made up for the pricey drinks. The tables directly in front of the stage were set too close together. Therefore, if you plan to choose your seats in advance, do not buy the center table in front of the stage. However, the concert was unforgettable. Therefore, if you’re looking for a smashing dinner date night, look no further than a concert at the Carlyle Club in Alexandria. Dress up, have some drinks, and enjoy the show!

To view my favorite song by Pizzarelli please click here: “I Like Jersey Best”.  Another great song redone by Pizzarelli, "Here Comes the Sun".  Youtube is the best! Love it!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment