Bar Louie: Delightful Drinks and Delectables - Washington D.C. 20001

Where?


Turn around....
There! (It's neatly hidden)

I know I usually post about unusual restaurants or places, but I also wanted to cover a great “typical” bar that is a great hangout in Washington D.C.  Near Chinatown, Bar Louie resides inside a white building with the cinema near the Verizon center.  In case you’re unfamiliar, the Verizon center is also where the Washington Capitals play.  Anyways, long story short, I happened to stumble upon this place due to my frequent visits to the Aveda Institute to get my hair done and also for my first Capitals game earlier this winter, which was a lot of fun by the way.  I can’t wait for next season!

At first, I thought the restaurant would be just an average bar with typical not so great bar food.  However, this past weekend I tried their fish platter with a Yuengling beer on tap, and it was fabulous!  They also have a delightful cocktail and drink menu with large juicy fruit garnishes, which are always yummy.  I highly suggest the Strawberry Fizz cocktail.   I also ordered a Mai Tai and was pleasantly surprised to enjoy top shelf liquor with plenty of kick.  So next time you’re on your way to watch the Washington Capitals play or other great events at the Verizon center, don’t forget to check out Bar Louie.  Besides, their beer is much cheaper than the ones sold in the plastic cups during the games.  (Ouch! $8 per beer at the Capitals games!)

Critic’s Tip: Request a rounded booth in the back.  It’s much more private and cozy.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment