Skip the Banana Cafe and Go Straight for Dessert - Washington D.C. 20003

No bananas about it.

Today after a long hot two hours of playing golf near the Jefferson Memorial, my friends and I decided to hit up a new restaurant in the D.C. area.  We ended up on East Street cruising the little pubs and restaurants and came across the Banana Café & Piano Bar.  The atmosphere seemed great until an hour after ordering; we realized we still didn’t have our food nor chips and salsa to boot.  Finally our chips and salsa made it to our table, and our food immediately followed.  To say the least, the rice and beans with my chimichanga tasted very cheap, and I found a chicken bone in my chimichanga!  I was both disappointed and hungry at the end of the meal.  Finding a bone in my food (unless it’s chicken wings) disgusts me, and I lost my appetite from that point on.  Plus, the waiter was more concerned about the table behind us who ordered twelve cocktails.  Sorry Mr. Waiter, but we just played nine holes of golf in ninety degree weather.  Alcohol just didn’t seem appetizing.  Therefore, unless you’re looking to order several cocktails, wait an hour on your food, and find bones in your meal, I highly suggest SKIPPING the Banana Café.  It’s better to leave this banana peel alone.

Critic’s Tip: In case you endure a similar experience, you can also walk two blocks further towards Pennsylvania Ave to the Baskin Robbins and fill up on ice cream. Yum!




Image source:
RGBStock.com. (2010). Bunch of bananas. Retrieved July 31, 2011, from http://www.rgbstock.com/photo/mjYvTM0/bunch+of+bananas

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment